Thursday, May 3, 2012

I  can't believe how long it has been since I last posted.  I am now married for almost 9 months and love every second (well almost) of being married.

My awesome husband started working at Amazon.com as a temp during the holidays and was just made a permanent employee with Amazon.com!  What a wonderful answer to prayer.  Now we aren't sure we will still be going to Texas next year it was a surprise to hear that coming out of his mouth), but I am trusting my Heavenly Father to sort it all out.

In the meantime, I am still working on building my Shelf Reliance Business, tossing things, and stocking my preps and pantry.  I just canned my first two pints of pork last week with my pressure canner.  We are in the process of planning our garden for this year, so far my wonderful husband has built my raised beds and we put over 600# of soil and compost in, we still need another 600# minimum, then the plants.  Every year my Mother's Day present has been my garden so I am looking forward to shopping for the plants in the next week or so.

I am looking forward to making Jam this summer, and salsa since we use it almost every day!  I also want to can green beans if we get enough to can and do some more meats too.

I plan on the following for the garden this year:

Veggies
Tomatoes (grape, plum and Jersey)
Peppers (all different colors and Jalepenos for Salsa)
Onions
Potatoes (red and sweet)
Radishes
Lettuce and Arugula
Squash (Zucchini, Yellow, and Spaghetti)
Green Beans
Cucumbers (maybe)


Herbs:
Basil
Oregano
Rosemary
Cilantro
Mint
Chamomile (for tea)

We will see if anything else catches my eye when we go for plants.  I think my husband will be amazed at what my plants will cost, but with prayer and proper maintenance, hopefully my garden will do well this year and make it worthwhile.  He is a hard sell on stuff like this. 

HAPPY SPRING EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment