Sunday, May 22, 2011

Rain Rain GO AWAY!

Well, it seems like it has been raining forever! I'm ready to build an ark for heaven's sake. Oh, and along those lines of thought, I didn't make it to the Rapture, guess I'm not good enough or something, or somehow someone got it wrong, which is what I believe, since only GOD knows when HE will end the world and rapture his people.

Anywhoo, I have my garden in, and the rain threatened to wash it away it seems. The onions seemed to be coming out of the dirt but they have settled and started to grow. My pepper plants are getting big too, no broccoli growth yet, or any evidence of squash or radishes, but it looks like my shallots are coming through.

I ordered 5lbs of alfalfa seeds for sprouting. I just can't seem to get enough of them. I don't think I will be planting anything else in the garden, I am praying my lettuce will come up eventually, my arrugula is looking good, the basil is trying hard, I think it just needs more sun, same with the cilantro, but it's still early.

I never did actually get a zucchini plant or two. I have no clue where I would put one now. I still want to dig a whole somewhere for potatoes that are sprouting in my pantry instead of wasting them.

I haven't even stirred the compost since it hasn't been sunny and it probably hasn't had much opportunity to "cook" but I may add some water to it today, really should go check on it at least. I keep hoping something will be ready soon to put around my veggies and encourage them to produce and grow.

In the meantime, to keep busy, I am still looking for a job, and until then, I am working on DIY projects for our wedding which is 75 days away! I did all the programs yesterday (with a lot of help from Staples!) I ordered a bunch of stuff off of the internet, my champagne flutes and cake knife set that I will decorate with the celtic knot charms I ordered (and adding lace and green ribbon). I got my earings which are celtic heart knots, and I found a great message board on Etsy that will be customized with our name and wedding date. It is made of burlap and will have our name in a script font in black with our date in fuchia. I also found some shamrock petals that will go with the pink rose petals on the table and cake table. If you can't see where I am going with this, my Fiancee is Irish and I am even having our cake decorated with falling shamrocks! He has NO CLUE!

I am getting excited about our future. Wedding, marriage and eventual move to Texas, I can't wait!

In the meantime, in preparation for a move, I have started to declutter and I am tossing stuff left, right and center! I don't need old videos anymore since no one watches them, cookbooks will go to the college Culinary Arts Library, LOTS of stuff is going in the trash, and some stuff will be sent to different re-uzit shops in the area.

Scott and I are already talking about building our house and what things we will want in it. It seems sureal that we will actually be building a home and have land next year. It actually seems like a dream that we are actually getting married in only 75 days. I am so happy and even more blessed to have such an awesome man in my life!

As always, thanks for reading my mindless posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment