Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother's Day to all moms

Happy Mother's day to all the mom's out there!

I was surprised with flowers from my sweetie - tomorrow is my Grandfather's birthday, gone 26 years and I still miss him horribly.

Now, with lots of junk coming down on me from my kids behavior, I am even more than ready to move to Texas. I know it seems as though I am running away, and maybe I am, I want to keep my family intact and live a more simple life.
Steps to doing this:
Pay down debt
Get a full time job to save $ for move and needed stuff (appliances, camping equipment, etc. . .)
start de-cluttering and getting rid of stuff I don't need and don't want to transport to our new home.
Keep learning how to make good homemade stuff, bread baking is coming along but not quite perfect yet. I also want to get a sewing machine and some fabric and start making things if I can.

I know what I want for furniture in our new home, so that is something to save for too. Getting rid of as much as possible so we don't have a ton of stuff to pack and move.

I want bicycles and dirt bikes too! :)
Fishing equipment for the guys

All in due time.

Right now I need to find a job! Sooo frustrating when I shouldn't be working weekends but it may have to be a sacrifice I make for our future.

Still looking for land. And we keep talking about the things we want to do in the house we will build, we are definitely on the same page, hardwood floors, tile in the kitchen, my wood stove/oven, haven't brought up the composting toilet yet :) or the need for propane refrigerator (huge expense), but it will all happen in due time.

One year from today we should be on our way (or less!) Now if I can just survive the next 90 days to our wedding! Lots of Drama there!

Take care everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment